Our Work in Schools
Christine Easom, R.E. Consultant has been working with children at a primary school in Staffordshire using philosophical enquiry to explore the topic of Peaceful Schools. She worked with the pupils to explore the question: 'What are peaceful places?' and they generated some more questions around this:
- Are peaceful places happy places?
- Where could a peaceful place be?
- Can peaceful places be noisy places?
But then, the students decided that they were most interested in exploring the following question:
Do you feel peaceful in a peaceful place?
Some of the thoughts they had about this were:
- Places can feel peaceful or not peaceful depending on how you feel inside.
- You can feel peaceful anywhere if you feel peaceful inside.
- Some places feel different to different people.
- It depends what mood you are in and what has happened to you.
- A peaceful place could feel scary because it may be quiet.