About Peaceful Schools
The Peaceful Schools Movement in the UK is a network of schools and organisations steered by the Peaceful Schools Strategy Group.
To contact the Peaceful Schools Strategy Group email the Peaceful Schools Coordinator,
Anna Lubelska - firstname.lastname@example.org
Or phone: Tel: 01428 717090 or write to: Peaceful Schools, Witch Hazel Cottage, Linden Road, Headley Down, Hampshire GU35 8EN
We have developed the concept of a 'Peaceful School' which has four, inter-connected levels of peace:
- Inner peace for the individual pupil/student and members of staff;
- Peaceful relationships and constructive resolution of conflicts;
- Peaceful school ethos and environment (indoors and outdoors);
- Peacemaking within the wider community/world!
We support and work in partnership with schools and many peace-promoting organisations including 'Peace One Day', Values-Based Education/Living Values, the Peace Mala Project, the Peace Education Network, the Peer Mediation Network, Peacemakers (WMQPEP), Mind with Heart, A Quiet Place and many others.
The interview (above) with Anna Lubelska is with Johnnie Walker! (A BBC Radio presenter).
The members of the Strategy Group are:
- Anna Lubelska - founder of the Peaceful Schools Movement and Director of Spiritual England
- Isabelle Cartwright of Quaker Peace and Social Witness
- Sara Hagel, Director of Peacemakers (based in Birmingham)
- David Holmes ex-Primary Head Teacher and Schools Consultant. David writes a lot of our Peaceful Schools resource materials and he is based in Derbyshire
Our aim is that schools should become peaceful learning environments. We support schools and the peace-promoting organisations that work with them. We signpost you to pioneering organisations like 'Peace One Day', Values-Based Education/Living Values, Peace Mala, Peace Education, Peacemakers (WMQPEP), Mind with Heart, A Quiet Place and many others.
Our Peaceful Schools Awards scheme celebrates the important role that schools play in equipping children and young people with the skills they need to live peaceful lives and to be peacemakers in their families, communities and the world!
To contact the Peaceful Schools Strategy Group email the Peaceful Schools Coordinator, Anna Lubelska - email@example.com
Or by post: Peaceful Schools, Witch Hazel Cottage, Linden Road, Headley Down, Hampshire GU35 8EN
Or by phone: Tel: 01428 717090